Social Icons

Sunday, September 20, 2015

STS: On Processes

I don’t have a really cool/prepared spiritual thought this week because I am trying to get better at this “go to bed on time” thing, so here are my thoughts for the day. As per usual I write this more for me than for an audience/person in mind, so think of me in our room in the attic typing on my computer with 23% battery instead of on top of a soapbox  to the world.


Love life.
Love it all.
Love the parts that are easy to,
and try really hard to find something to love in the parts that don’t.
Because I’m not going to tell you to love the parts that suck.
Because I’m not an idiot.
When it sucks, it sucks.
But I am a hopeful idiot!
And I try to see my life with a little bit more perspective when it’s hard.
Because life is sometimes a lot more hard than I’d like it to be.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately and have really been just trying to love the process. Or to learn to love the process. Drawing is a process. Speaking a foreign language is a process. Understanding a foreign language is certainly a process. Making steady good choices can be a process. Life is a process, people!!

Like I said, I don't really have any poignant thought to share this week. 

But I can do more. I can be better.
I can give it my all, and go to bed and say I did my best.
I'm entitled to my emotions.
It's okay to be frustrated
                        scared
                        angry
                       discouraged.

We can have moments that are hard
                                                 empty
                                                  dark
                                                lonely.

but we need to know why.
and this is the best why I've got:

Because life is a process. And God knows what we need.

And I really do believe that.

 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with suretyhope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.


And I don't think that God has this plan where we have to suffer a designated amount before we can have good things. I don't think He has carefully planned out this painful horrible existence for us to crawl through to prove ourselves worthy. Doesn't that sound contrary to everything God is? I think a lot of the times God has more faith in us than we have in ourselves, and He knows we can handle so much more than we give ourselves credit for. Heavenly Father wants us to be wildly happy! And He wants us to grow to be our best self.

I believe in a God who sees more than I'm capable of.
I trust His plan is better than mine.
I get frustrated because I can't see it all fall into place in my impatience to know it all right now.
But I'm working on that. 
Being patient, you know.
Because I'm not dead yet and that's a lot of life to spend being frustrated.


Enjoy the ride. Love where you're at. Aspire to be more, but don't forget about today. It's a process.
Lots of love,
Jessie



bonus link:  
"Blessings" - Laura Story












1 comment: