Social Icons

Friday, September 4, 2015

On A Day In The Life

Sup Fam!

I forgot to mention that I biffed it and fell down the stairs last week. I know that could happen anywhere with legs like mine and is not specific to Spain, but I just thought it was funny. I totally called it too… we go up two sets of small stairs and the top one closer to our bedroom is a really smooth/newer wood. We were going to school one day and I just thought to myself “dang these are way slippery… I gotta be careful or I’m totally gonna eat it down these” and later that day I fell and slid down about seven. So in other news, it is totally possible to bruise your butt.

So now that that’s out of the way haha… we’re currently traveling to Segovia in the north east of Spain! I wish I could give you a preface about it, but I don’t know anything about Segovia except that it’s an hour and a half by bus from Alcalá.





So an average day thus far for us:


8:00
Wake up, sit up in bed wondering why I feel abnormally tired, hit my head on the ceiling standing up, get dressed, brush teeth, pray, bounce downstairs.

9:00
Eat breakfast. Not very exciting. This is usually cereal, yogurt, bread, fruit… something like that. The walk to school is 3 minutes for us so we push breakfast until like 9:25.

9:30
First class at Alcalingua. It usually goes until 11ish I think?

11:00
We have a 10 minute break before the next stretch of class.

2:00
We’re usually done about this time for class. This is a super generic schedule but generally we have class everyday from 9:30-2ish.

2:15
Eat lunch with our family. I love you Mom, but I do not understand why I love the food here as much as I do. It’s seriously so good. I haven’t really met anything that I don’t like. Obv there’ve been things  I don’t love but can eat, but for the most part it’s all really good. Also Becky, I’m eating tomatoes now. Like outside of a BLT haha. Lunch is normally the biggest meal for us so we eat like kings and I love it. Well okay… we don’t eat like kings haha. But we eat a lot more than breakfast and dinner so it’s worth celebrating.

3:00
I normally stick around to talk with the family for as long as they’re there so I don’t feel like I show up to eat and then go upstairs to my bedroom. It feels more polite and like I actually care about them (which I do), but I also need the practice (speaking) and I learn a lot from them.

4:00
Thus far at this point we usually make plans as a group to do something. We’ve gone ‘tapa hopping’ kinda (I’ll explain this some other time), and have gone to Madrid twice.

8:00
We’re fortunate, because our family eats about this time. I know some of our friends have families that eat at like 9..10…ay. Depending on when we start, we're done with dinner in like an hour or so. But again it's because I stick around to talk. I don't need the "bed n' breakfast" lecture in spanish haha... love you Mom.

11:30
somewhere around this time I've hopefully brushed my teeth, put on pajamas, read something worthwhile like Principios de la Evangelio, scriptures, conference talk... prayed and called it a day!! 

We have class Monday through Thursday and on Friday/Saturday we travel to other cities, like Segovia as I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Sundays are AWESOME because we get to go to CHURCH!!! Woohoo!!! Just trying to pump up the jam here since this is a pretty dry post haha.

Well.. can't have an interesting life every second of the day. That's it for this one! Now you can live vicariously through this little diddy. 

Con amor como siempre,
JD

Took this picture with the webcam while writing... our bus got pulled over and I'm still not sure why. Cheers!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!